Guidance for Patients Attending ATLANTIS GP Appointments
As a team, we are fully committed to continue this vital research into IBS. The pandemic is a challenging time for all of us, and it is even more important that our participants continue to take part!
Please be reassured that all national and local guidance relating to COVID-19 will be followed when you are invited to attend your GP practice. This includes:
- All staff wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE)
- All staff will be trained in infection prevention and control, and the correct use of PPE
- Thorough cleaning and decontamination of the room after each patient (including clinical waste and disposal of PPE (if required), in accordance with government guidelines)
- Ensuring hand washing/gel is available to all patients and staff
- Ensuring social distancing is maintained at all times in the GP practice
Please be aware that we may ask you to wear a facemask to your appointment and we may carry out a temperature check upon your arrival. To ensure social distancing is maintained in the waiting room, we may ask you not to arrive early to your appointment.
Your safety is extremely important to us at all times and remains our priority. Therefore, if you are a shielding or vulnerable patient we may delay your visit until national and local guidance advises us it is safe to proceed.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact your ATLANTIS researcher