Research about Patient and Public Involvement
All of our clinical trials are expected to have an element of Patient and Public Involvement within them. In addition, we also do projects about how best to engage with patients and the public. This is part of our important methodological research portfolio. By methodological research we simply mean projects that look at how to do research better.
This work covers a number of different areas:
- Involvement and engagement within clinical trials research e.g.
- Creative approaches e.g.
- Lost in Memories – dementia theatre project
- The Child Cosmos Sculpture Project
- ‘Whose Decision is it Anyway?’ – Using applied theatre approaches with GP Patient Participation Groups (PPGs).
- Ethically conscious involvement and engagement e.g.